Tas - Hobart, Salamanca Market


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
January 24th 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

It chucked it down all night again! We woke up very wet and had a very dirty tent - but i was warm! I had made a hot water bottle!!! We had to wash the tent before we could pack it up - fun!
We had breakfast with Si, Fi and Charlie and left early to get to Hobart as soon as we could. The Saturday Markets were on and we wanted to get there to have a look round. It took 2 ½ hours to get to Hobart. As Fi and Simon were also heading to Hobart, we met up with them later at the Salamanca market. When we had arrived in Hobart the sun was out - woohoo! There were loads of stalls from crafts, cloths, wood, pictures/photos, food and so much more - if ever you’re in Tas you have to go!
After the market we went into town to pick up a few bits and bobs then went to our campsite, we were staying in a different one to last time as it was only 10mins from the airport, called the Barilla Holiday Park. The lady on reception was really funny, she couldn’t stop talking - bless her!
Set up for 4 nights and then went back into town around 8pm to meet up again with Simon and Fiona for drinks. Went to Salamanca Place, a really nice area with lot’s of restaurants and pubs.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb