5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Go!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Devonport
March 29th 2015
Published: April 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Georgi at Mersey BluffGeorgi at Mersey BluffGeorgi at Mersey Bluff

We took a walk along the bluff in the evening just before sunset. Sorry for photo quality.
And so the days counted down.....and things got done....and then the days were at zero....and it was time to go. Of course, there was cake...and there were goodbyes.

Up to Launceston to say hi (and bye) to the boys.

To Devonport where we stayed at the Mersey Bluff Caravan Park on Saturday Night. We walked along the bluff for exercise in the evening.

Up bright and early on Sunday to drive "around the corner" to catch the Spirit Of Tasmania - a "day boat" leaving at 9am.

And our trip of a lifetime had begun.

Hannah from work (and partner Shawn) were also on "our" boat.

We landed at Port Melbourne about 7pm and after an excellent dinner of fish n chips, made our way down to Barwon Heads Caravan Park (near Geelong), where we would spend our first night away in Victoria.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Overtaking a bulk container ship in Port Phillip BayOvertaking a bulk container ship in Port Phillip Bay
Overtaking a bulk container ship in Port Phillip Bay

It was a very smooth passage across Bass Strait. The Spirit of Tasmania travels at 27 knots and the trip takes approximately nine hours (mostly done overnight).
On the SpiritOn the Spirit
On the Spirit

Georgi and Lenny with Hannah onboard the Spirit of Tasmania.


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb