South Australia..now you see it, now you don't!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
December 14th 2010
Published: December 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well...this is going to be a short one 😊

When we arrived, finally in South Australia, we found a free camp spot (of course!) And planned to wake up early early and carry on with the travels..by now we had decided that we needed to be in Melbourne, with friends and earning some money! So any way, we got to bed early, with the hope to rise early (early for us any how!)We got up at 6.00am...to find too many people about, and the other campers gone-this is bloomin weird, we thought. Everyone must get up at the crack of dawn here...as you can imagine, we were standing there scratching our heads 😊 I went to the toilet, and bumped into the cleaners, the cleaners I tell you...surely they don't start work at 6.00am??? 'It's 9am dear' she informed me! Lost 3 hours of our lives hadn't we! Mumble grumble! But there was nothing we could do about it, so we got on with our day like the lazy sleepers we are!

So..onto Adelaide! On the journey to Adelaide, it was Geoff's birthday! 23 years old, what a grown up 😊 I can not stress the amount of times Geoff has spoken of the Ipod Touch...a million would be an understatement! Everything was about this bloomin gadget, which to be honest, I thought was a phone to begin with! No, its an MP3 player...'but don't you have a MP3 player Geoff?' 'Yeah, but the Ipod Touch is sooooo much better!' I'll try and give you an idea of how long I've been hearing about this gadget...since we came traveling...at the beginning, maybe once a week, towards the end of Asia, everyday! In Singapore, we spent forever trying to find a 'cheap one' with no luck. So the story goes, I love him very much, and even more of a fact, I was just SICK of hearing about the Ipod Touch, and all the magical applications and games it has! So I bought him one! The 64MB one, the latest one! The day I got it, Geoff was trying to talk me into letting him buy one for himself...imagine, if you can, the nightmare!! So his birthday arrives, I hand him his gift, and then in that moment the 'thing' was worth the money 😊 I've never seen such a chuffed and speechless Geoff! Haha! That night we had sausages (a treat from the alternate beans and noodles, we'd been living on for a few weeks!) I'd also go him a big chocolate mud cake-it had candles, but the spot we'd chosen to camp was so so windy! It was a lovely night!

When we got to Adelaide-which is the capital of South Australia, the parking was a nightmare. We finally found a place, like an hour later and miles from the actual place, but we soon got our walking feet on and made our way into the city! It was a nice city, clean, with lots of statues and monuments. Geoff and I visited the museum, which was full of Aboriginal artifacts. It was very interesting...

On our way to Victoria, we spotted on the map a place called Border Town. Our friend Stacey Surname is...guess...Border! So we decided to have a visit! I'm glad we did, because we came across a park full of white kangaroo's, rock wallaby's and peacocks. It was amazing seeing the white roo's, they were so random looking 😊 One had a baby Joey, it was soooo cute! We watched the male peacock show off for a while, then we were on out way to another state...bring on Victoria!




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

AdelaideAdelaide
Adelaide

nans pig..oink oink!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb