Time to farewell Kimba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 23rd 2019
Published: August 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Before we knew it, it was Friday and it was time to think about packing up the van ready for moving on to our next destination on Saturday morning.







We have once again enjoyed our time volunteering at the Historical Society Museum as part of the Grey Nomad Program, with John spending Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the workshop tinkering and helping with restoration of pieces of equipment and machinery. My time was less busy than his– in fact, to be fair, on Wednesday all I did was wander around with the volunteer tour guide! Every time we set out to start a task a group of visitors would arrive and ask for a guided tour. Robyn said I might just as well join in and by the third tour of the day I was quite well versed in most things – at one point when Robyn was called away to see another group it was left to me to demonstrate how a chain pump worked. John commented that he turned around to see me at the top of the wooden tower earnestly trying to get the chains moving and wondered “what on earth is she up to now!”. (If you look hard enough at the photo you can see I did manage to pump a good strong stream of water.) My Thursday was then spent at the end of a feather duster, broom and mop as we started a good spring clean in readiness for their Family Day early in October. After a domestic Friday morning I walked on down to the museum for a bbq lunch. It certainly hasn’t been a strenuous week!







The Grey Nomad Coordinator contacted us on Wednesday and asked if we would be good enough to provide a quote or two in support of the program as they are nominating for a tourism award. We were more than happy to oblige offering a small testimonial and a few photos as well; we hope they are successful because they have put a lot of effort into the scheme and it deserves recognition.







The weather this week has not been as bad as predicted; we did have a couple of foggy starts to the day and some very cold nights, but for the most part the days were dry and so by Friday we were enjoying some temperatures in the low 20’s.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb