Streaky Bay back beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 9th 2019
Published: August 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

On our way into Streaky Bay yesterday John had spotted a fish outlet, so this morning, after a cup of coffee and wander around the small town, we purchased some fresh Boarfish and some oysters so that we can continue our “Oyster Research” to determine just who does have the best oysters on the Eyre Peninsula. We have never heard of Boarfish before let alone tasted it, but were assured it was a sweet tasting deep sea fish so we are quite looking forward to dinner this evening!







After lunch we drove 7kms out to the Back Beach in Corvisart Bay; it is the nearest ocean beach to the town. As we parked the car in the lee of the sand hill and walked a short pathway to the beach the roar of the crashing waves foretold how rough the Southern Ocean was. The wind was still extremely strong and cold after yesterday so there were several large sets powering in. The rocks of the coastline are a volcanic honeycomb in appearance and even though the tide was coming in we could clamber over them quite easily.







Our original plan was to stay in Streaky Bay for just two nights but this morning, because we are flexible, we changed that to three nights so that tomorrow we can do a bit more sight seeing in the area before heading further down the coast. Then after leaving here on Sunday we will do a bit of “bay hopping” and more oyster research as we head up the Peninsula.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb