The thunder is down under


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Gudday Mates
Been farming in Australia for 3 weeks now, living about 150km North of the city of Adelaide, little town of Alford on the Yorke Pennisula is the mailing address, smaller than Champion so you get the idea.
Living with Robert and Marie Hutchings, they have 4 kids, 3 girls and a boy, just like our family but the boy is the youngest and is constantly beaten haha, I live in a seperate house from them just across the yard from them, it acts as roberts office and another spare bedroom, its good got my own bathroom and laundry machine! I eat all my meals in the house, usually wake up around 730 and go in and have a bowl of cereal an toast, all the kids are there too getting ready for school so theres usually 7 of us bumping around in the kitchen haha. The workshop is just across the driveway and he has another storage shed for his tractors and header, He has about 2700 acres i think all in one block which is handy, its his fathers farm that he took over. We just got finished putting together his new (to him) 52' Flexi-Coil bar and box (airseeder) hes getting a little ansy to get it going in the field, everyone else has been going for about 2 weeks now, so tomoroww I think ill be sitting in the Versatile 2335 getting is set up and calibrated, putting in wheat, barley, peas, lentils and legums, should be an experiance.
Im pretty far away from the rest of the trainees so the only time i get off the farm is the weekend to go drive south of the city for about 2.5 hours to see anybody, so the drinking has slowed down a tad haha, havnt met alot of people around Alford yet, might look into joining a sports team to get my name out there.
Plan is still to come home in early October so get planning my parties haha
Hope all is well
Garett "The Dirty Dingo"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb