starting out


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » West Lakes
June 25th 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

starting point adelaide

point 1 kingston-on Murray

bedroombedroombedroom

We designed the van ourselves. The wardrobes provide plenty of storage space
FIRST TRIP AWAY

Matt picked up the van today, and after going through the usual sort of checklist, went to get the weight distribution hitches organized. We have had a few minor issues with the van, including the fact that it is 1.5 feet longer than we ordered, and was delivered nearly a month later than our assured delivery date.
But overall, we are very happy with it. It weighs 2,400kg and has a tow-ball weight of 280kg. It has a rear boot which is 2.5 feet deep and about 6 ft high, so we have plenty of storage space.

We loaded up all of the essentials and set off for the Moonta Bay Caravan Park on the Yorke Peninsular. The 2008 Nissan Pathfinder handled the towing and maneuvering of our monster with ease and we had no problems until we went to unhitch the van. The hitch wouldn’t come off the towball, so our friendly caravan park host helped us out with a screw driver and a hammer (which loosened it off). Amazingly just about everyone around us is trying out their vans for the first time…so our lack of knowledge on everything caravan is hardly noticeable.
car with vancar with vancar with van

The length of the van is over 25' so parking it could get a little tricky.

We spent the evening unpacking and getting to know how everything in the van works. The bed is comfortable (despite the fact that we forgot to pack sheets) and the internals are quite luxuriously spacious.

I can highly recommend the caravan park, which has fairly basic amenities, but the location is fantastic. We were right on the beach front with a view to the jetty and a short walk to the shops. Moonta is a great place to relax, fish, swim, walk, or simply enjoy the view.

We have quite a long list of things we need to have done to the van before we take it on a longer trip, and a few things we need to buy to make it even more comfortable.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

kitchenkitchen
kitchen

We have many luxuries, including a dishwasher, microwave oven, and an ensuite bathroom


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb