Mc Laren Vale Lost on Pie Lovers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Victor Harbor
July 13th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hahndorf - Mc Laren Vale - Victor Harbour 120km


Desert Ship Territory Log Day 10.




Time to leave the European winter wonderland of Hahndorf and check out Beerenburg Family Farm where we stocked up on relishes, jams and sauces. It was only 5 minutes up the road. Mount Lofty then beckoned us. This is a great look out over Adelaide and we got a bit lost because Mary Lou, our dumb Irish GPS, told us to go the wrong way. Nevertheless we got to see more of the Adelaide Hills which we missed out on when drove to Hahndorf in the dark. I must've said, "Oh, look at that lovely old stone house!" a thousand times. Absolutely everyone lives in one over here. Time to head off to Victor Harbour via McLaren Vale . We were more interested in bakeries rather than wine, so we stopped at one and bought some pies and parked up beside the road overlooking a nice vineyard to scoff them. I was expecting Victor Harbour to be sleepy fishing village. Far from it. It reminded me of Esperance with ginormous Norfolk Pines lining the beach. We got to our lodgings in time to see the steam train pull up and go on the turn table. The boys were really excited. We then went to Coles for food for dinner tonight, then walked on the jetty, past the horse drawn carriage, to Granite Island . It was so cold and we spotted some penguins on some rocks on the way back. Tomorrow we are off to Kangaroo Island!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb