Victor Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Victor Harbor
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Victor HarbourVictor HarbourVictor Harbour

View from The Buff
Today Wilf and Sheila took us to Victor Harbour. It's about 2 hours South of Adelaide. We went up to the Bluff and walked to the top - great views! We then went into the town for a bite of lunch before going for a walk. We walked across the footbridge onto Granite Island.
This is where you can see the small penguins at dusk. There are guided tours and you can also go on a horse driven carraige onto the Island. Victor Harbour is also known for whale watching. Nice day out!
After we left we drove down to Port Eliott to see the view of the bay, called Horse Shoe Bay. Then we stopped at the next bay along, where all the surfers were - some pretty good waves!
On the way home we drove through Mount Barker, Handolf - the german settlement/village, there are lot's of old traditional shops and crafts there and restaurants selling German delicacies. Then we went onto Mount Lofty to see the view of Adelaide. Really good panoramic view of Glenelg, the CBD, Port Adelaide and right out past the suburbs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

AdelaideAdelaide
Adelaide

View of Adelaide from Mount Lofty


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb