Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Robe
February 15th 2014
Published: February 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friday pm..........went for walk in the town centre.........even went into some shops (aargh!). walked through the university campus and then along the River Torrens, past the Adelaide Oval where they play.........soccer! Interesting variety of bird ( and Rae was with me this time)........saw pelicans, black swans and their cygnets, gulahs (brightly coloured parrots), coots (I think) and other species that I've found out the names of yet.

After eating, we went to see the start of the Perth Fringe Festival.......lots of floats with scantily clad women and men on them, advertising their businesses.

Today we picked up the hire car and made our way down to Robe...........a bit of a slog.......long quiet, straight roads......not really any views of the "Great Ocean" till we reached Robe but.......we did see our first wild kangaroo hopping over the road - very graceful!

Lovely b&b apartment in Robe......walked/paddled along the beach before heading of on a cliff-top walk to the Obelisk (poor man's lighthouse!), in light rain would you believe! Dined in the Caledonian Hotel where I had a Thai Red Curry (another traditional Scottish dish, obviously).

Various pics attached starting in Adelaide..........

Off to Port Fairy tomorrow, our next destination on the Great Ocean Road.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb