The lost text has been found!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Robe
March 20th 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Here is the last half of the first posting...sorry (especially to those who are subscribers to the blog and who are receiving email notifications of postings!). I am having a bit of trouble navigating this new blog site!
After we left Port Fairy we spent a night in our first free camp - in the bush at Mt Schank - one of Australia's youngest volcanoes! Facilities were a public toilet, a BBQ and a picnic table. It was all legal - we have a book that lists all free camps in Australia!. We were joined by numerous other "grey nomad" caravaners (Sue is a grey nomad, I am a greying nomad!) and young European Kombi-vanners. The next day we visited the amazing Blue Lake in Mt Gambier and it is so blue it looks as if someone has poured a huge bottle of ink into it. The colour is due to the formation of limestone from millions of years ago when this part of Australia was under a shallow sea. That afternoon we had our first close call with nature. A kangaroo jumped out right in front of our car and in the next 100th of a second I waited for the bang which thankfully didn't come. He had cleared the car by 1mm! (the next close call with nature was with a big hairy huntsman spider but I must tell the truth - he was on the ceiling of the loo - quite some distance away!).
Here in Robe on the South Australian coast we have tried fishing (to no avail) and have made our first lovely newly retired grey nomad friends, Bob and Helen. They are our neighbours in the van park and Bob came over as soon as we arrived offering help. We declined, and set up our van easily. The next day was a different story! We had problems with the electrics... Bob, help! Then we had problems with our water-hose... Bob, help!. Then we couldn't open a jar of pasta sauce...Bob (no, we managed to open it ourselves!). So now we sing (to ourselves): "Bob the builder, can you fix it? YES YOU CAN"!! They are heading in the same direction as us and we suggested we might go in tandem so that we have a maintenance-man on tap!! After that suggestion they packed up and left. Not sure why!!
So that's it from Robe.
Next stop Adelaide.
Ros and Sue xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb