Burra to Berri


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Riverland
June 25th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 25th June
After a very cold night in Burra we set off toward Morgan, planning on an overnighter but when it only took us 1 hr to get there we decided to carry on to Berri (another three hours on).
Our first sighting of the Murray River was at Morgan, then we sighted it on and off on the way until we came around a bend just before Waikerie and then all of a sudden we come across a ferry crossing (our first). We were not sure what to do and the man operating the ferry just waved us onto the ferry (caravan and all) and off we went across the Murray. As you can see by the photos - it was not a very wide crossing but it was our first, so the reason for all the photos.
The Murray is quite full at the moment after all the floods from NSW and Qld in the summer and it looks great.
The caravan park in Berri is a Top Tourist and is very nice. We have a grassed site and close to the toilets.
($28 pn x 3 nights $84 TT disc $8.40 - $75.60).
The park is right across the road from the Murray River, the weather today was just a perfect winters day with a cool morning and a very nice sunny day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb