Berri


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Riverland
June 26th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 26 June
Today we took the bikes off the front of the caravan and went for a ride around the marsh (or Billabong) just in front of the caravan park, then along the Murray River and into town for a little shopping. The weather was just beautiful again so we walked into town again in the afternoon.
Butternut Pumpkins are in abundance here at the moment so I have been doing a little cooking.
Pumpkin soup, pumpkin scones, roasted pumpkin salad, pumpkin fritata etc - tomorrow I am going to make a pumpkin fruit cake and maybe a chicken and pumpkin curry. John says he does not like pumpkin but he is eating everything I cooked.

I was checking the camera today and came across some photos I took back at Port Augusta of some Art Deco Caravans.
The couple in the FJ Panel Van and the Art Deco caravan were traveling from Victoria up to Darwin then over to WA. The caravan was very basic compared to our van and a lot of other vans in the park but they were having a good time and doing the same journey as everyone else.
At the same time they were at the caravan park there were also these two huge 5th Wheelers - it is quite a comparison as to how people all travel the same path but in very different ways.
Then a couple of days later another Art Deco caravan arrived (this one is called a Tear Drop so the chap with the first Art Deco van was telling us). Notice the two 5th Wheelers in the background of the photo.
I think that this little caravan would fit into the 5th Wheelers at least 3 times, maybe 4.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb