Day 33


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Renmark
March 11th 2011
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Mannum at around 9:30am, and travelled up the Murray river.
We came to a ferry crossing and proceeded over the big renowned river.

The route we chose was as suggested by a couple of locals, and it was a great drive.
We managed some wonderful views of the Murray in all it’s glory, with full banks to overflow and it had cut a swath through thousands of years to leave behind a meandering bed with high cliffs and plateaus.

So interesting, we stopped at one point to take in some views and a couple of photos, to observe sea shells un-covered along the side of the road.

Amazing considering it must be many thousands of years, if not millions, since the sea was in this region.
A lovely relaxed drive and a wonderful experience simply driving alongside this magnificent water way that has etched so much into the history of this nation.

We had picked Cobdogla as our destination; we pulled into the caravan park to be informed there were no vacancies!! Oh boy this wasn’t on our list of experiences, we asked who might have space on the “long Weekend” (Adelaide cup) We were directed to Berri.

So off we head and find the park at Berri, no problem booking in for a couple of nights. Over-looking the Mighty Murray. Even as we travel up, the sight of this river running bank to bank and over, is worth the journey alone. The riverside parkland and bbq’s were closed and under water, but after so long in drought the locals were happy enough.
We tracked to the local shopping plaza to stock up and relaxed for wine o’clock and dinner.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb