Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Rawnsley Park
June 15th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi blog followers.

This is part two of a three part blog of our latest adventures over the last couple of weeks.

From Hawker we moved on further inland to Rawnsley Park Station which is just at the bottom of Wilpena Pound. What a great park it is with excellent facilities and a really good atmosphere about it and they haven't gone overboard with the captive audience and prices.

The only slight drawback was there was limited Mobile coverage. I.e. We had to go to the camp kitchen to get a good "Telstra" signal. Bad luck for anyone who was connected to any other service providers as none of them have had service in hundreds of kilometres. The funny thing was, we got 100% signal when we went for the 11.5km walk up to Rawnsley's Bluff. What a great experience that was. Not another sole anywhere until I crossed over the top of the bluff and there was a single walker sitting having a cup of coffee and a sandwich. We had a great chat and would you believe his name was Graeme. I.e. spelt exactly the same as mine.

We hit it off and went to dinner with him and his wife that night at the Woolshed restaurant which was one of the better dinners I have ever had. Salt and Pepper squid for starters with sliced Kangaroo steak on oven roasted vegies and then bread and butter pudding for desert. Absolutely YUMMMM.

With that, I will again leave you to digest the photos and pick you up with the next blog from Wilpena Pound.

Happy viewing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



16th June 2014

Great photos
we loved Wilpena Pound. There are some lovely lookouts around and beautiful Gorges. Enjoy.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb