Ayre Peninsula South


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Lincoln
January 27th 2009
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arno BayArno BayArno Bay

Jetty
We arrived at Cummins Friday 23rd January; we left Cowell after a horrible windstorm, having the van covered in dust and so dirty that it is unbelievable.

We made a stop to Arno Bay, a very pleasant place and still not too commercial. as against Tumby Bay which is. The Jetty in Arno Bay has a long history, and it is interesting to note that the Jetty expanded with time, but also became smaller as the sketches become redundant.

Saturday we spend the day washing and putting the van back in order. The park is very quiet, and we are the only caravan in it.

We did get some very tasty tomatoes from the caretaker that he picked an hour before. We were very impressed by this attention, and gentleness.

Cummins has everything that one need, 2 IGAs, butcher, hardware, petrol etc. the town serves the greater region, and it is the agricultural part of the Ayre Peninsula. It is very central as a base, and only a short distance to the big centre of Port Lincoln.

We visited Port Lincoln on the Sunday as well as going to the delightful little village of Coffin Bay
Arno BayArno BayArno Bay

Jetty Explanation
where time stood still. Oysters are grown here and the fishing is a plenty.

Today is Tuesday and we are planning to move tomorrow to Venus Bay on the west coast of the peninsula, the weather is unreal, one day we freeze, the next we cook!!!!
Today is 43 degrees and not all that comfortable in the caravan, but even more uncomfortable outside!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

CumminsCummins
Cummins

Van Park
Port LincolnPort Lincoln
Port Lincoln

View of the Port
Coffin BayCoffin Bay
Coffin Bay

On the way to Coffin Bay
Coffin BayCoffin Bay
Coffin Bay

Old Jetty
Coffin BayCoffin Bay
Coffin Bay

Oyster Beds
Coffin BayCoffin Bay
Coffin Bay

More Cultivation
Coffin BayCoffin Bay
Coffin Bay

Splendor


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb