Orroroo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Orroroo
May 29th 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 29th May
Today we headed towards Orroroo to have a look around - what a very quaint old town with many of its old homes very nicely renovated and very well looked after.
First we stopped and looked at the Giant Gum Tree which is estimated to be over 500 years old and is approx 10.4 mtrs (34ft) in circumference, then visited the Tank Hill Lookout (great view over Orroroo), Pekina Reservoir and Pekina Homestead ruins, the Lions Park Pekina River Park where I took the reflections photos and we saw some Aboriginal Rock Carvings, then had our lunch on the park tables in the middle of the main street (very nice spot and a great way to use up the very wide road down the main street) then headed to Magnetic Hill where we stopped our car at the bottom of the hill and put the gears in neutral and the car stared moving up hill - not sure if this was really magnetic or if it was an optical illusion with the road actually going down hill even though it looked like it was going up hill.
Very nice day even if it was a little cold when we out of the car.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb