Port Augusta Cycle Path


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Augusta
May 28th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 28th May
John has worked all week so needed a rest day today so we decided to take the bikes of the front of the caravan, to get rid of the cobwebs, for a nice easy ride around the city - only the second time since we left WA.
Rode from the caravan park, over the old bridge and around the city foreshore then around the gulf - just a great cycle path (flat and a very easy ride) - we rested at the picnic area near the end of the path then decided to tackle the last bit of the path not realizing it was a 4WD track, a little tough on our legs. When we reached the end we decided to head back home using the roads instead of heading back on the 4WD track - got ourselves a little lost but as it is only quite a small place it was not hard to find our way back to the townsite and the cycle path. Had a rest on the foreshore then headed back to the park for a lie down for the rest of the day. The easy ride finished up taking us 2 hours and two flat tyres on John's bike. John rode his bike over the 4WD track but I walked my bike most of the way so John had Double Gee's in both of his tyres and had to replace the tube in one of them, the other just need a patch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb