The Heysen Trail (South) - Part 10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Myponga
September 27th 2009
Published: October 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tugwell Rd to Myponga


Arrived at the meeting place near the Inman Valley hall early on a sunday morning (27/9/2009), I was feeling unwell which hadnt improved by the time the buses dropped the walkers at the trail head on Tugwell Rd.

The walk was mainly through pleasant farm land with the odd hill along the way and intermitant rain. The highlight of the walk came after a steep climb through a farmers paddock, we emerged on Hancock Rd not far from the historical ruined old church and graveyard.

From here it was about 5 kilometres through Second Valley Forest and along the main road to Inman Valley. The walk was pleasant and very taxing but the weather could have been better.

Sunday 23 October 2009, this is the last walk I will do this season the distance is roughly 16 kilometres and the weather is cool with stong winds.

The meeting point today is the Myponga Oval where the buses will collect us for the trip to Inman Valley.

Two easy kilometres into this walk we hit Sugarloaf Hill which was a steep challenge, the trail was uneven and many of the walkers myself included injured their hands on the barbed wire fences. It was a tough climb and I admit I did struggle a bit. From here after a brief stop for lunch we slogged through some fields before hitting a road not far from Myponga Conservation Park. From here it was a couple of short steep climbs through native vegetation which were reasonably tough but short.

The last ten kilometres were along along country tracks and roads which made it a bit of slog. I forgot my rain jacket so I was glad the rain stayed away.

Until next season.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb