Melborne, Australia -> Mt Gambier


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mt Gambier
July 5th 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a trip that was. Plane hopping? i don't mind it, but i do mind the airport's mess ups!. Hong Kong, a brezze, so civilised and easy, check in at the train station in about 5 minutes. get on the train, straight to out aircraft afterwards, but a loooong flight to Sydney! Arival in Sydney, picking up our baggage, we go shuffling slowly through the airport to our flight. that was in an hour ... we went to customs. and an aussie lady told me to go down the middle "Hard left. Go." so turning, we breezed through a gap in customs without so much as a second glance. no cheking, nothing!.

After going around a corner, we met check in! with 45 minutes to go, we joined the mamoth que and ambled sloowly to the check in gates. that was for about 15 minutes, halfway. when we were anounced on the tannoy as a flight to make ourselves known to staff and get in quickly. Problem, no staff around, so we undid the tape like walls and cut our way right through 3 lines out waiting people, into the express lane, and wended our merry way to check in

Well, after they took our bags. we went to que for security! ;3 yay. long story short, got through after a wait, emptied my combat trouser pockets. took of my belt (Only thing holdin' em up >.>) and went through didn't beep, got, 're dressed' almost and went to the buss that would take us to the plane.

After a complete usless tour of the whole airfeild .... We arived at our destination, the departure lounge :D! and went up the escalator to find our boarding gate, to finaly get on the plane. WE GOT THERE. In time. and were soon on the long flight to Melborne.

If you think the Australian Airport Experience ended there. Your dead wrong.

We arived, whizzed through everything to the arivals area, met up with grandad and nan, huggs kisses, the whole lot. and went to baggage claim. eagle eyed on the conveyer belts, i spoted my purple/pink bag, and plucked it from the rubber track. well, after a long while later, it was the ONLY bag ... then the only bag we had, as the next flight was coming in to land from Sydney. the baggage came through from the second one, No Luggage. we reported the baggage missing as another load from sydney came through. eyeing over the large, new wave of baggage, we found no trace of the missing two. after three flights still only mine. baggage claim said they would mail the baggage to us, and gave us 2 complimentary overnight baggs, and free coffee vouchers if we wanted to stay for flight 4. we agreed, after 30 minutes the flight arived, and we went to find the luggage.

While we were waiting. another lot was going around, an instrument case, got lodged in the hatch, and HUGE pile up occoured. i ran over. SAVED a gutar from its enevatable death, and with the spead of 1000 gazzels!, stoped the coveyerbelt :P. heh. me and 2 staff (Where they were. dont ask, they didn't notice a thing until i informed them) stacked the cxases at the side and saved the other lodged instrument! very good.

Our baggage came through, after a long wait by the conveyer belt, and untold hours late, we were on our way.

We found a nice resteraunt on the way back. Beautiful, two good cheffs!, Two good waitress' had a 'PROPPER' meal, and ate well, no more airline stuff!. now im back at Gran's updating for ya :P and with promice of many many more things to come, so until then, tata ~

Rich

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb