Yorke Peninsular S.A.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Monarto
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 3rd March. We are finally on the road after 2 weeks at Peta's place in Adelaide doing odd jobs and maintenance around the house. Also had the 12 Volt fridge problem fixed. Headed north then down the eastern side of Yorke Peninsular. First stop was at Port Parham for some blue swimmer crab 'Raking'. That involves walking out acros the sandy flats, at low tide, and dragging arake through the sand looking for crabs that did not want to be disturbed. Then down to Ardrossen, a quiet little village by the gulf. Blue swimmer crabs are everywhere and people are taking them by the Esky full. All the gulfside villages are or have been involved in the export of wheat, wool, gypsum, salt or limestone. The roads are quite reasonable, even the dirt tracks out to the beaches.
Tuesday, down to our own isolated beach camp at Kemps Bay, just beyond the 'no camping' sign.
Wednesday, more little seaside villages, 'paid' for our pass into Innes N.P. on the south west corner of the peninsular. A very nice area with crystals of gypsum all over the road and tracks. Spent the night at Gleesons Landing looking out towards Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsular. Very peaceful.
Thursday, now heading up the west side towards Wallaroo. Going to go back to Adelaide to fit Air Bags to the back suspension, as Leonie has too much 'stuff' packed and the back of the truck is starting to sag.
Oh, I forgot to tell you about the flies and March-flies. They drink Aerogard like lollie water.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb