Wilpena Pound Day 7


Advertisement
Published: August 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

There was quite a storm last night - wind and rain but we were snug inside our cabin. We are glad we are not camping like some others around here. We spent the first part of the morning doing our chores and washing ready for the next leg of the journey. We then went for a morning walk up behind the cabin on the Rawnsley Station property. This was a steep climb up to the base of the outcrop rocks a total distance of 5 Kms - we saw colourful birds and a wallaby close at hand and had good views down the valley.
After lunch we went to the Wilpena Pound and walked up the valley to the old homestead. We then climbed up to a lookout to view the Pound basin ringed with mountains. This was a total distance of 6.5Km through some pretty bush scenery.. On the way back we met a professor from Abu Dhabi and back at the café we met a couple from Melbourne we had spoken to yesterday. When we returned to our cabin we found our car park occupied and we could not get the gas stove to light - just a few challenges. We donated our surplus vegetables to the restaurant as we cannot take them with us over the border into the Northern Territory. We have enjoyed our stay here at Rawnsley, with the lovely walks and 4WD roads. We have had a lot of fun with all the challenges that we have faced.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Lovely carvingLovely carving
Lovely carving

Wilpena pound


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb