Drama in the Camp!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Eyre Peninsula
January 10th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Drama QuueenDrama QuueenDrama Quueen

Outside Tumby Bay Hospital after a lovely nights sleep, minus flies, sand with lovely hot showers and flushing toilets!
After spending a few days in Coffin Bay we made our way around the bottom of the Peninsula Through Port Lincoln to Tumby Bay. We camped about 30 kms north of Tumby Bay at Lincoln Cove. Almost got bogged going in, made it and camped right on the beach for 3 days. Had the whole beach to ourselves, dolphins in the cove and that is still the biggest fish Jake has caught. Had a bit of a drama here when Clancy had an allergic reaction either to the creamy garlic scollops I made or some native bushes, not sure, but had a mad dash back to Tumby Bay hospital where she spent the night. She had ocean views also minus the flies, sand, no toilets or showers. Suddenly I was feeling lergic! Packed up camp again, Bit of excitement getting of the beach, thought we might be staying a bit longer, made it out and on the open road again.

We are now in Burra, a little historical town near the Clare Valley and it is Bloody Hot today 43! We are camped under a huge Pine tree so plenty of shade the kids are spending the afternoon in the
Lipson CoveLipson CoveLipson Cove

Our little private Beach Camp!
local pool. We spent the morning exploring some historical sites and now Kris and I are havin a cupla coldies! There are five pubs in town {pop-1000} guess they must be piss heads here, suits us. I think a pub crawl might be the go this arvo! Meals are cheap in the pubs and live music tomorrow night, sounds good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

LipsonCove Sand Monster!LipsonCove Sand Monster!
LipsonCove Sand Monster!

Me Hungry! Get me some lunch Or I'll gobble you up!
Two little JailbirdsTwo little Jailbirds
Two little Jailbirds

Old Prison and reformatory for girls. Reckon I would have been put in there if I was around back in 1897!


10th January 2008

So much for the wine rations
You bloody piss head, I knew the good behavior couldn't last long....you better not have taught the 1000 locals how to play clackers!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb