Clare


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Clare
January 20th 2006
Saved: July 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Clare SkysClare SkysClare Skys

Thermals at sunset near Clare.
From Port Augusta we drove up into the Flinders mountain ranges. As these weren’t visible during the previous days drive they retain their original, though not I suspect their aboriginal, name. Spoiled by our beloved desert and coastal views, the forested mountain scenery did nothing for us and the area was all too quickly relegated to a loo stop. Sorry Flinders but we’re just not forest people and we prefer our mountains to be more dramatic and clear of vegetation. We ended the day at a delightful motel sat on the side of a hill in the wine region of Clare. We cooled off in the pool and photographed a spectacular fiery sunset which became even more fiery after dark when the clouds were illuminated by lightning, before retiring to the in room jacuzzi and subsequently the king size bed that we could ill afford but went for anyway. We would have gone for another night but Missy Higgins was in town and she had evidently brought a lot of people with her. We were subsequently to hear one of her songs on the radio and didn’t think she warranted that much popularity, but nevertheless the town was full and we were regretfully forced to move on.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 24; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb