New Year - 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
February 17th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Horsham KidsHorsham KidsHorsham Kids

Act your age you three! G, Rose and Cass in mid air.
New Year 2012



After picking up Cass from Melbourne Airport on 27th Dec. we made our way to Horsham. Did I mention previously that Georgina was also a passenger? Anyway the Prado coped really well with the extra load. Gina decided to entertain us with a bit of fancy dress after dinner (see snap). If you’re curious, Rose, Cass and myself slept in the van and G managed to book into a Backpacker cabin.



28th Dec saw us hit the road for Adelaide with a couple of stops at Maccas for coffee and breaky burgers. The one section of the trip around Oz that has been on my mind since we left home, has been the Adelaide Hills with long, steep inclines and declines. Needless to say I was more than anxious with the extra weight on board (not intending to infer that G and Cass are over weight, quite the contrary). Anyway, the car had to work hard but made it over the hills without any problems. We arrived safely at Alan and Justine’s place in Maslin Beach. Rose performed her usual expert reversing manouvers into Alan’s driveway to a thunderous applause!!!

Cass - HandorfCass - HandorfCass - Handorf

Nice shot of Cass - relaxed


As always we were made very welcome and soon indulged in a bevy or two!

We had a lovely day out at Handorf as well as a pleasant walk along the cliff-top to Moama. The weather was also good too us although a bit too warm with a few days around the 40 deg. mark. Thank goodness for the aircon in the van!!



New Years Eve was spent at Alan’s with his daughter Sam and family, Justine’s girls Derani and Olivia and one of Justine’s friends and her family. The lighting was provided by Kesta, Olivia’s bloke and it made for a great atmosphere. The night was completed with a few games of pool, most of which were won by Al and Olivia. It wasn’t so much because of skill but more, the volume of alcohol consumed by their opponents???? The following day was very quiet!



Georgina and Cass departed on Tuesday, and Rose and I prepared the van for a move to McLaren Vale Tourist park. We stayed there for a few nights before deciding to return to Al’s for the weekend again. I haven’t made mention of the few games
Happy CoupleHappy CoupleHappy Couple

Alan & Justine - "In Love"
of golf we played, mainly because Al beat me every time. Even my sly tactics of building a sand hill in front of his ball and breaking wind as he putted didn’t influence the results.



Our last but one day was spent with a visit to the Mt lofty Lookout. We had a lovely lunch and ogle at the magic views of Adelaide and it’s surrounds below. Our departure the next day was a sad occasion, having had yet another couple of weeks of belly-aching laughs. We'll miss them all.



The next part of the journey sees us travelling beside the Murray River to Echuca.



See you soon



John & Rose


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sam & ClaireSam & Claire
Sam & Claire

Lovely snap of Al's daughter's. Sam on the left.
Charlie's AngelsCharlie's Angels
Charlie's Angels

Olivia (left) and Derani hamming it up.
Good Shot?Good Shot?
Good Shot?

Check it out! The ball's still there Al?
Cody Cody
Cody

Claire's son "Mr Intelligent". Lovely lad.
MadisonMadison
Madison

Sam's daughter. Rarely has a straight face. Such a comedian.
Fancy DressFancy Dress
Fancy Dress

Georgina dressed for dinner!!
Port WillungaPort Willunga
Port Willunga

Yet another sunset caught by Rose.


10th March 2012
Port Willunga

Fantastic Shot
Hi Rose, What a fantastic shot. Worth framing. G

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb