Before We Disappear Into the Never Never...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
November 17th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Just a quick note to keep you up to date before we start the 2100 miles or so to Perth and disappear off the radar as we travel through the outback.
We left Chris & Eve at Sydney Central Quay train station with many a moistened eye and headed off almost immediately (after a heartfelt thanks to Scott & Kirsty for putting us up for 4 nights) to the nation's forgotten capital Canberra.
On route we stopped off at the beautiful town of Kangeroo Valley where we spent a beautiful evening hanging out with the 'roos and our first wombats.
In Canberra we stayed with the lovely Laura and her fiancee Matt who spent two days feeding us and plying us with very good wine and generally showing us the highlights of this much maligned city. We saw the best of the city's museums and galleries (all very good) as well as a great tour of the very impressive houses of parliament where we got a slightly better understanding of Australia's complicated American/British parliamentary mesh. We were also taken to the ACT's (Australian Capital Territory) ample bush land on a beautiful walk and generally taken to one beautiful vista after another.
We then headed pretty directly to Melbourne where we picked up, from Rob & Kaye, the bits and pieces we'd had to toss overboard in order to make room for Chris & Eve. We also spent a few days with the wonderful Cath and are duty bound to say that both lots of hosts were kindness and generosity personified. We also loved Melbourne, wholly and completely and were sad to leave but at least we've seen most of the highlights.
Next stop on this tour of Australia's south eastern capitals was Adelaide where we completed the circle we started almost 6 months or so ago and caught up with our first wwoofing hosts, Chloe and Wendy. We've been made to feel totally welcome and at home and it's good to be doing some work in return for the room and board we've been getting for free for the last 2 weeks or so, even if that work does include more roofing, that's right roofing, than we might have expected.
So next we cross the mighty Nullabor in order to be with my (Chris) parent's at Christmas both really looking forward to that and have done all the proper vehicle checks necessary for such a big undertaking, including 4 new tyres.
Wish us luck, see you on the other side...

C & A

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb