Hot Apple Pie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
June 14th 2009
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The apple pie here is awesome, and free! We all line up at 8pm to get a slice and a dollop of cream, mmmmm. Then if I can get out of bed early enough for the free brekkie I help myself to jam on toast and a well needed portion of fruit.
It's been a week of aclimatising down here in Adelaide, cos it's freezing! Actually I think we're just used to the sun so it probably isn't that cold. Adelaide is a lovely city, if not a bit grey and drizzly most days and it's possible to walk everywhere in the centre. We used the tram one day to go to the sea-side town of Glenelg, which was a bit shut unfortunately, but hey, McDs was open.
We've also visited the 'famous' Haighs chocolate factory which is a must for anyone down here, you get free chocolate tastings!!!!!! Very nice stuff, and I bought a couple of chocolate frogs for the walk home. This place is also a shoppers heaven, we all invested in an extra layer of clothing yesterday and full of pubs and cafes and restaurants. Our hostel also has a pub, with a cheap happy hour and steak for 10 bucks, yum yum. Perfect for those days where you just can't stomach beans on noodles again.
So we check out tomorrow morning, heading for Mildura to a working hostel that we're booked into. The area is in season apparantly now for citrus fruits, so fingers crossed I'll be rich by next week! And probably turning orange with all the free fruit!
Toodles
xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb