Wine and Chocolate in Adelaide!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nearing the end of our trip and coming almost full circle we only spent three days in Adelaide, South Australia. But in those three days we managed to fit in our three favourite activities: Drinking wine, eating chocolate and shopping!

Our first day saw us up early to join a small group on a Barossa Valley Wine Tour. There were only five of us - two other brits and a South Korean girl - so we got through the wines quickly meaning we got to try more! On the wa to the first tasting session we stopped at the worlds largest Rocking Horse and a dam known as the Wispering Wall where you can stand at either end, speak quietly and hear the other person loud and clear! We went to four different wineries through the day, two big (Jacobs Creek and Richmond Grove) and two small (Vinecrest and Bethany). For lunch we had a BBQ with lots of different meat and some salad. By the end of the day we were just a little bit sozzled!

On our second day we walked (essential for burning calories about to be consumed) to the Haigh's Chocolate Factory where we had a tour and a tasting. Haigh's chocolate is really good but only available in 12 shops in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney, or online within Australia! We then walked back to the other side of the city and explored the main shopping street.

We attempted to be a bit cultured on the final day by doing half of the LP walking tour to take in the main historical buildings, buit as they didn't take that long to see we soon found ourselves back in the shops and then on to the Central Market! Our final stop is Melbourne again for the last week. The end is so near now and I don't really want to leave!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Jacob's Creek wineJacob's Creek wine
Jacob's Creek wine

First we started on these...
VinecrestVinecrest
Vinecrest

Then went on to these...
Richmond GroveRichmond Grove
Richmond Grove

Third was this lot...and the final batch didn't even get a picture!


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb