All good things must...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
July 16th 2007
Published: July 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, it's been a long couple of days. What with the family from hell and their three little ones who rostered themselves to squeal, cry, demand, fight and run down the aisle throughout the night, it just made me realise how lucky I was. We were at least seated on the other side of the aircraft, and I had kept my earplugs supplied by the Hotel in Heidelberg. In any case I resorted to watching another movie at around 5am. Considering that we left the hotel Saturday morning at 8:45am and finally cleared customs etc at Adelaide on Monday morning about 8:30am, it's been a long time since we saw a bed.

However thanks to the facilities they provide at Changi airport, such as the pool and spa on the the 3rd level, as well as the free foot massage machines (thanks for the idea Zoe!) we had a reasonable trip.

Amazingly, saw niece Jakin walk past on her way to the loo. Had no idea she was on the same flight. She was just as surprised as we were. These coincidences are fascinating. Like when we just sat down on the TGV in Lausanne - heard a familiar accent and went over to speak to the guy about four seats in front and found he lives in Hyde Park (about 5kms from our house).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb