hic...hic...can you guess where I've been...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
May 20th 2007
Published: May 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, I'm now in Adelaide, we flew down on Friday from Alice springs and were pleasently surprised when we got free sandwiches on our flight little things make us very happy especially when its free or cheap food (hence the reason theres a sponge cake in a bag by my feet- only $2 (less than a pound) and it will last at least 2 meals-bargain!!).
Anyway yep we're here in Adelaide, nice little place, tree lined streets and old buildings. It is a little chilly though!! I've had to invest in some shoes that actually cover my toes as i only had my boots and i think melbourne is going to be just as cold!!
Getting back to my blog title...have you guessed where we've been....yep wine tasting we went to the Barossa valley yesterday home of Jacobs creek and many other winerys (four of which we sampled), we started drinking at 10:30...which was fine by us as we'd been picked up at 8am and thats a bit too early to start drinking even for us!! We did a bit of sight seeing and then headed for the wine (i mean headed for the educational structural wine tasting to learn lots about its origins and things and not to get drunk at all...hmm)... Jacobs creek was first and we sampled about 4 white, 4 red and a port here...this was only the first one and hit us harder than we thought so i cant remember the rest of the day!! only joking we weren't that bad!! but this first one and the three tastings after made me certain of the fact i dont like red wine!! i made myself sample all of them of course so as not to be rude, but nope im sorry but reds not for me, port was quite nice though.
Our driver informed us that he was a reformed alcoholic (not the best place for one..touring wineries?!) and only had 1 point left on his licence!! which gave us the greatest confidence in him!! and also i couldnt help wondering if the 2 were related??.... Anyway he got us round them fine, after jacobs creek we went to Vine creek a little winery that had a red wine for white wine drinkers (i liked this one) i think the only difference was it was chilled!! Then we had Richmond Grove and Bethany, in between we stopped for lunch (was looking forward to kangaroo again but no bbq due to the rain..so i think i had lamb...not too sure!!). After the wineries we went to the ice cream shop...the day had conditioned us into asking to sample everything before we ate it... so there we were all stood asking for a sample of mint chop chip and vanilla (just to make sure..) .
We had a really nice day and considering Nat doesnt really drink wine i think she had a nicer time than she thought she would too...the only problem was her favourite was the sparkling ones...i.e the more expensive ones...and i dont think they come in boxes!!
So that was yesterday and today we have just been to Glenelg which is by the sea...we weren't quite sure if we'd got on the right tram because when we got there it was cold, drizzly, the sea was a dark blue and choppy, everyone was wrapped up warm...we thought we'd got off in Scarbrough or somewhere!! but the thing that made us relise we weren't in Scarbrough was the fact there was a small child riding a camel!! thats when we knew we were in Oz...camels are everywhere, not one donkey in sight!!
So that was Adelaide really, nice place and its off to its bigger neighbour tomorrow (and the home of neighbours!! cant wait!!) Melbourne, just a 12 hr train ride!! thats nothing for us now...so looking forward to that .
I'll write again from chilly Melbourne
byee for now x x x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb