Where to next?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Semaphore
August 1st 2011
Published: August 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sydney to Adelaide


As we promised, things have started to get a bit more exciting... Well at least a change of scenery anyways! After our trip to Melbourne , we spent a week in Sydney and Wollongong catching up on a few things we needed to do and seeing some of Brett's family, next thing we knew we were putting our caravan and truck in storage and we were on a plane and heading to Adelaide. A skateboard park was calling and since it meant going to somewhere we had never been, why not?!

Actually it's going to be a busy next 5 or so months of skateparks on the road, but at least we will both be in the same spot – where that will be?? You can never be quite sure, seems to change weekly. But you know us, never much ones for planning, so it suits us fine! So while Brett is busy working away on the skatepark, I am still working for a company in Sydney and also doing some graphic design work for Brett's work, so needless to say the next 5 months should be busy.... But we have come to realize we are a bit that way – all or nothing!

Tthe plane trip from Sydney to Adelaide was about 2.5 hours. Adelaide is located about 1400km's from Sydney, and 700kms from Melbourne. We are staying about 20 minutes out of the CBD of Adelaide in a little beach area called Semaphore in Port Adelaide. It's a bit of a sleepy little town with alot of nice old houses, but you can just imagine how busy it gets in summer here. We had about 5 days of 22-25 degree weather and it was busy with people everywhere, so you can imagine when it hits mid 30's in summer it would be packed. The beach is really nice and long, and the main jetty has lots of people crabbing and fishing off of. We are staying right on the main street, about a 1 minute walk to the beach and there is a grocery store across the street, and lots of little restaurants and cafes and of course a pub or 4. It is not a bad location for a month, think we should be able to handle it (ha) and a bit of a step up from me living in our little caravan in Sydney and Brett in a hotel room in another city, so no complaints from us.

We have gone into the CBD of Adelaide a few times (had to find a Bikram studio), and as they say Adelaide is the "City of Churches" you can see why. There seems to be a church or 2 on every corner in the city! Sorry no pictures of those yet. We have also driven to the beach areas of Glenelg and Brighton which are nice, but alot busier and more touristy than where we are at. Brett's working about 10 minutes from the place we are in, and while he works, I work, and try and not get distracted by the goings on outside the windows of our place and at the beach. It's pretty tough!

We are hoping to have a break from working and get up to the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills to check out a a few of the many wineries this area is famous for. And would love to check out a few other spots around Adelaide if we have time, but this working 6 days a week, sometimes 7, for both of us seems to be making that a bit tough, and we are only here for a month til onto the next spot so we will have to see what we can fit in.




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sunset and the Old Customs HouseSunset and the Old Customs House
Sunset and the Old Customs House

(Our apartment is next door)


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb