Melbs and Great Ocean Roading it


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
July 5th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So after almost a month of being apart, I flew down to Melbourne again this time for an extra long weekend for my birthday. And it was also a bit of a celebration since I have finished up working out of the studio I had been working at since January, although I am going to keep working for them full time, but from wherever we are –  a much better setup.

I flew into Melbourne after a very long week of work on Wednesday night and was great to see Brett, who had had an even longer day at work than me, and a cold on top of all of it. It was still good to see each other again though!

The next day was my birthday, so we went out for brekky on Bridge Rd, right near where Brett has been staying and is full of great spots to eat and shop. We caught up with Brett's work about a few things after brekky, and then it was a happy hour in the avo with TP, and then we all met Brett's sister for dinner at a really good tapas style restaurant called Movida for an amazing dinner.

To top off a great birthday the next day Brett and I hit the road and headed to the coast to the Great Ocean Road and a relaxing weekend. Since we have driven the Great Ocean Road a few years back, we decided not to do the whole drive again, but to go as far as Apollo Bay which is about 2 and half hours from Melbourne, and includes one of the best parts they say which is between Lorne and Apollo Bay. We stayed at the same place we stayed back then, The Dolphin Apartments in Apollo Bay which are really nice and was totally what we both needed after a really busy month. And of course the other thing that is a must on the Great Ocean Road is koala spotting. We saw a few along the road and then if you take a side road at Kennett Creek there are a tonne up in the trees. We saw about 20, and we were (or maybe I was) ready to take a couple home! Don't think those little guys can get any cuter!

After our weekend away, it was back to Melbourne for a night, and another catch up with Brett's work about a few things, and then we both (yes BOTH) flew back to Sydney. We have a few plans in place and change coming in the next couple weeks as we promised... and hopefully are heading a step in the right direction of being more interesting bloggers again as we promised!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb