Thailand Get-together For Trip Advisor Members


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » North Adelaide
February 18th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lesley & ChrisLesley & ChrisLesley & Chris

Lesley (Lestel) & Chris (Dale4)
Hello,

On Saturday 17th March, 20 TripAdvisor members met at a local thai restaurant 'Chuy's Thai' in North Adelaide for a get-together. Many of us have been chatting for months in the Thailand forums of Trip Advisor and decided it was time to meet up and share some thai food!

There were a few people that have been to Thailand (some many times over) and lots of new people about to embark on their holidays in the next couple of months.

Seven of us met at the Glenelg Tram Stop and caught the tram to the city, dividing into a couple of taxis for the short ride, while others came from all directions. The weather was so hot hitting 41.9 degrees during the day so we were all hot and sweaty by the time we got to the restaurant...

The restaurant had a small airconditioner and it would of been ok on a normal hot day but after days of high 30's with a couple of 40's thrown in it was like sitting in a sauna! The food however more than made up for it.

For entree we were given money bags, spring rolls and chicken satays... all of which were really nice. For mains we were given steamed rice, thai green chicken curry, stirfry vegetables in oyster sauce, combination seafood and chicken with cashew nuts. All the food was lovely with a bit of spice and pretty authentic. With the heat of the restaurant and the food we could almost have been in Thailand!!

After dinner some of us headed to the Oxford hotel for a couple of drinks, but it was hot and noisy so after a few drinks we opted to go to a local cafe, where we had some coffee, more drinks and gelati! Yum!

There wasnt anything too eventful, although I think we got some strange looks when we all first turned up and were introducing ourselves to each other, I swear we looked like some dodgy swingers or internet dating thing! All couples who obviously hadnt met before! It was pretty funny!!!

Anyway it was great to meet everyone and put a face to some of the names. I really enjoyed meeting those like Lee who had spent alot of time leaving me messages while I was travelling here on travelblog. Anyone up for another date some time?!?!?!

Reet xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Reet, Lee, Trevor & some random annoying dudeReet, Lee, Trevor & some random annoying dude
Reet, Lee, Trevor & some random annoying dude

that wouldnt get out of our pictures! Annoying!
Dave ... where is your hand? Dave ... where is your hand?
Dave ... where is your hand?

And why does Craig have a huge smile on his face like that?!?!


18th February 2007

Hi Reet. Thanks for organising a great night, it really was fantastic catching up with everyone. Definately count us in on the next dinner!. Great photos too! Jane
18th February 2007

Thanks again to Reet and Cathy!!
Thanks to both Reet and Cathy for organising this gathering. I really enjoyed myself besides the hot temp inside.
18th February 2007

Fantastic Reet, Great photos and love the write up. If I can figure out how to do it I will put my photos up here as well. Cathy xxxx
19th February 2007

Great photos Reet good to put faces to names.I bet with the heat you did think you were back in Thailand. Bez

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb