Half a Bottle Of Blue Nun


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
July 5th 2006
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The World's LARGEST Rocking HorseThe World's LARGEST Rocking HorseThe World's LARGEST Rocking Horse

which does not actually rock, dammit
That's better, yesterday moved out of My Place, was making pals there but was not that good, went on the Groovy Grape tour of the Barrossa Valley, a funfilled day of dirty jokes and drank the equivalent of almost 3 bottles of wine, inc Jacob's Creek. Learnt a lot about the art of wine tasting though by the last place we did it was just, yeah 1994 vintage, fill her up! gulp.

Realised on the way back that the million plus in Adelaide all live in sprawling suburbs and in one suburb Edinburgh, the residents are famous for their mullets which they pronounce 'moo lay' Interesting little fact that.

Anyways moved over to beach suburb of Glenelg last night, much better, hostel quiet but some top people there inc new mad dutch pal (very dutch if you know what I mean) and complemented my grape with a little bit of grain.

This morning we enjoyed a coffee on the attractive beach front, then I checked out the 'Rodney Fox Shark Museum' this chap got chopped up by a Great White in 1963 but somehow forgave them and now studies them bigtime, inc helping adivse on 'Jaws' The waters around Adelaide are hugely Great Whited, mostly cos of seals around Kangaroo Island, and yes been a few unfortunates been mistaken for seals around here, don't worry, water bit cold to swim at this time of year.

Glenelg is where it's at in Adelaide, good choice me for moving out of the centre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Traditional SweetshopTraditional Sweetshop
Traditional Sweetshop

For post wine drinking sugar rush, ie Tunnocks Cameral Wafers
CockatooCockatoo
Cockatoo

I like them


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb