Into the Final Week


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide Hills
June 19th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are still looking at preperations for our trip, which is only 6 days away. Nana is now touring around Scotland and we are sure that she is having a good time. However, back here in Australia, we have encountered some logistical difficulties in our planning of our time. Our trip to see the prolouge of the Tour de France has encountered some difficulties after we found out that the event starts at 4:15 in the afternoon, and goes until 8, which would mean we get to the north of the country by 10 pm which is very late. We have also continued working out how we are going to spend time in London, especially on the first day. Mum and Dad also went into town today and bought some clothes that should suit the European weather, and we have now started getting things together to take, starting a pile in the study. Both Dad and I have also taken the time to learn the new camera well so it should be no problems when we get to Europe. It is getting very close and both of us are getting very excited, and so is Mum, who is leaving on a separate trip to Europe with her sister, and my auntie Carol. Mum has gotten out a Eurorail timetable, and now I'm jealous of her because she will get to ride on a TGV at 325 km/h, and we don't. But we cannot compare trip intineraries, because she is going to Italy and we are going to Germany and Holland, which are very different places.

Keep checking this blog while we are away to see how we are going. Click subscribe if you want to recieve E-mail notification of new posts.

Advertisement



20th June 2010

Follow the leader
Advice: watch your dad. He's prone to lapses of logic. Check his scheduling and timing, make sure HE has his travel documents and doesn't leave his bag behind, and don't trust his currency conversions!
22nd June 2010

Holiday plans
Ben, I am glad you are getting excited. Speaking from experience it is going to be a fantastic experience. I was amazed last time I went to London etc, it is amazing to think that most of the buildings etc I was looking at were older than the settlement of Australia. A Great feeling to know that you are on the other side of the world. I hope you remember to pack everything. Enjoy yourself ....... Have fun. I look forward to comparing your photos next time I see you. Luv Carol

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.5kb