And home...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
September 2nd 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -27.3918, 153.124

Heathrow was not so frantic this time through. The 1965 vintage Terminal 1 is to be demolished and Terminal 2 is to be extended to resemble the massive Terminal 5.

We enjoyed our stop over in Bangkok. The Novotel hotel room was comfortable with good wi-fi and TV and we had a very relaxing time. Decided not to train into Bangkok even though the train station was easily accessible from the hotel. "Fast track" for business class at the airport meant we zoomed through check-in, security and immigration. The airline lounge offered complimentary massages so we each enjoyed a 30min session in the Royal Orchid Spa. It felt like a lovely way to close off another great holiday.

Boeing 777-200ER to Brisbane, different seating to the 300ER out of Brisbane. Used our chip passports for the first time - no need for an immigration officer, just pause for a photo. Matthew picked us up from the airport and we were home by early afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Novotel Suvarnabhumi AirportNovotel Suvarnabhumi Airport
Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport

Their Sala Thai restaurant was reasonably priced with excellent Thai food.


Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb