21 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 21st 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we rolled over to the main street of Babinda to spend some money which we have made a priority in the smaller towns we have travelled through.<span><span><span>Figure if we are staying anywhere for free it’s nice to give something back to the local community.

The Babinda Bakery was right up there as far as quality goes and the pastries were sensational.<span> In fact Queensland is getting a big tick so far.........the pies I have sampled over the last few weeks have been delicious.<span> We then drove up the mountainside just on the other side of town to ‘The Boulders’.<span> Yet another spectacular free tourist destination and we sauntered through the rainforest (which appears to be getting more dramatic by the day) to a few vantage points and watched the crystal clear water gush over smooth granite boulders that have been shaped by the currents over thousands of years.

After lazing about reading on the lawns by the water we turned back towards Cairns and pulled in at the Fishery Falls Holiday Park (just out of Deeral) which looks like it will be pushing its case for a top five spot when I rate our stays at years end.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb