20 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 20th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Southward bound to start today and first stop was Mossman where we strolled up the main drag and had a coffee and muffin to kickstart proceedings.<span><span>From there we browsed at the town’s great second hand book stores and picked up a few bargains to keep us entertained.

On the way out of town we hopped on a charter bus up to Mossman Gorge.<span> Unfortuately most of the walking trails were closed for safety reasons; however, we were still able to take a boardwalk stroll through more exceptional rainforest and see the water flowing over granite rocks through the waterways.

Port Douglas was the next destination but we did not stay long.<span> To put it mildly this place is a millionaire’s playground and a glitzy tourist hub if there ever was one.<span> Don’t get me wrong it was really nice and probably a great destination to get away to for a week or so but for backpackers or campervaners like ourselves it is well out of budget.

The afternoon trek continued on through Cairns and south alongside sugar cane fields where the final stop was a free camp at Babinda.<span> Green grass and tropical plants surrounded the entire campground so yet another lovely spot to enjoy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1014s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb