8 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 8th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We awoke this morning to a hive of activity as the Archer Creek markets set up shop in the open public area.<span><span> Not a bad way to start the day pottering around at the various stalls.<span>After ducking in between the stall operators we headed back to the van, Rachie cooked up some delicious pancakes and we then packed up and weaved our way through the crowd back onto the main road.

The Tablelands is home to a circuit of waterfalls and we headed towards Innisfail along a scenic route and took in the breathtaking countryside.<span> There are a few dairy farms in the region which is a rarity considering the tropical location.<span> The rich soil and green pastures are a product of heavy rainfall and warm temperatures and the industry seems to be thriving even though this sort of farming is usually done in much cooler climates.

As we continued to ascend to higher altitude the light grey sky turned a darker shade and the fog and rain set in drastically cutting down the number of locations we were scheduled to visit.<span> We made a stop at a local dairy farm and sampled some tasty organic yoghurt before making it to Millaa Millaa, Zillie and Ellinjaa Falls which were all spectacular.

A caravan park was definitely on the cards for tonight and Herberton was the appealing spot we picked.<span> It certainly reminded us of being home at Lobethal with the green trees and misty rain on a cold and grey wintery afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb