Fraser island again, rainbow beach and noosa - Camping, Kayaking and Crocodiles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
June 27th 2006
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The intrepid adventurersThe intrepid adventurersThe intrepid adventurers

Us at the start of the trip, this is; (bottom row)Dan, Richard, Mirium,Jen, Tabea, Me, (Top row)Tina, Roopa and Eva
Well I've been to Fraser island before but it was part of our package and I just about had time so decided to do it again!obviously i've already done a blog entry for this place so won't say much about it and I think the photo's speak for themselves (not to mention the captions!).

Rainbow beach:
However this time I went from rainbow beach which is a lovely place and whilst there Eva finally got to do her sky dive and we also went sea kayaking in search of dolphins! The sea kayaking was fun although unfortunately we only saw some turtles, no dolphin's. However we did get to do some wave surfing in the kayak's which was brilliant fun! Visited the Carlo Sandblow at sunset which was beautiful, the next few blogs will have quite a few sunset photo's as I have seen so many beautiful one's recently and I'm a sucker for a sunset! The weather was beautiful at Rainbow beach, it was wonderful to see some sunshine again!

Fraser island:
On Fraser island the weather was not great all of the time but the sun was there for the important bits -we did however have one day and night of heavy rain and our tents leaked though!! never mind its all part of the experience! This time we were doing the 3day, 2 nightself drive camping safari instead of staying in nice dorm accomodation but we had plenty of food and it was a group of 9 people which was nice. All food was provided with recipes etc so there was no squabbling about who's food was who's etc and we all got on really well. We saw a dingo round our beach campsite on the first night we were there which was very exciting although we were paranoid for the rest of the night that it was going to come back with some friends and try to eat our steaks! We went with Dingo's at Rainbow beach - just make sure you check your tents properly before you go!

Noosa:
Noosa, noosa, beautiful noosa, how do I love thee, let me count the ways! I quite liked noosa as you might have guessed and would have liked to spend a little longer (as with most places I've visited!) but we had a lovely time visiting the beach and this is also the place we
4WDriving baby!4WDriving baby!4WDriving baby!

It's a rough ride!
went from to visit australia zoo-home of the crocodile hunter Steve Irwin! It really is a good zoo, the staff seem to really care about the animal's and the enclosures are a good size etc - we did see steve irwin there although didn't get to meet him/ see him wrestle crocdiles but it was worth the visit, especially with the live animal show's and also laughing my sock's off at "the croc men" who danced and sung for children's entertainment and were very, very camp - a great days entertainment!

Very behind on my blogs, you will probably get several in a row, hope you enjoy the photo's!







Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Our erm, tentOur erm, tent
Our erm, tent

I laughingly use the phrase! Obviously this doesn't have the outer fly over it but we still got very wet with it there, our sleeping bags etc got soaked the night we camped on the beach!
Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (1)Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (1)
Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (1)

I just love the colours and the sand in this photo
Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (2)Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (2)
Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (2)

Walking off into the sunset
Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (3)Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (3)
Carlo Sand Blow at sunset (3)

Like an egyptian dancing troupe.......sort of
Eun Hye coming into landEun Hye coming into land
Eun Hye coming into land

she finally did the sky dive in Rainbow Beach
The camp croc menThe camp croc men
The camp croc men

These guys sing, dance and entertain children at australia zoo
The real steve irwinThe real steve irwin
The real steve irwin

here he is watching his daughter bindi and the croc men dance, it was their first show, unfortunately didn't see him with any animal's
green snakesgreen snakes
green snakes

native to australia's rainforest


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb