East Coast South to North


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 8th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 Friday 8th July 2011 Moree to Miles


Good thing we removed all the other wheel trims – Nigel was checking the tightness of all the wheel nuts when he discovered that one had sheared off at the base. We should have used the longer wheel nuts with the steel wheels instead of the same ones we had for the mags. We were loaned 2 wheel nuts for the dodgy wheel, and that evening asked our daughter at home to dig out the other wheel nuts and take them around to Phil Challinor who departed the next day to join our group on the trip. It took a bit of running around, digital photography and email to establish that she had the correct nuts, but all worked out in the end. Thankyou Jennifer and Richard (and Phil for squeezing them into his car). On the way to our stopover at Possum Park, we called in at Glenmorgan to see Monty’s Vintage Car Museum (see photos) and also visit an antique shop which had a very impressive collection of Royal Doulton, Royal Albert and other English china. Possum Park is a very interesting place to stay: the accommodation (apart from camping) consists of cabin-like structures that were WW2 Ammunition bunkers, and refurbished railway carriages which during the war were used as bunkhouses for the troops stationed there. The cabins reminded me for some reason of hobbit cottages!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



25th July 2011

Hey Mum, always good to know I 'have the right nuts'... :P

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb