Our first weekend camping!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
May 12th 2006
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our Wicked Van!Our Wicked Van!Our Wicked Van!

This to be our home for the next 4 weeks. Do you recognise the characters? Its the Rolling Stones!
After spending a week in the city we were really looking forward to picking up our van and doing some proper travelling again.

We had arranged to meet up with mums good friend Auntie Pat and her husband Roy. They were going on a camping weekend with Roy's son - Michael, his wife - Gayle and their little boy Hunter.

We picked up our van on Saturday morning and then headed back to the hostel to meet them all. It's was really good to see Auntie Pat again - she hasnt changed one bit! We met last time I was in Australia but that was along time ago now. It's always good to see friendly face.

We headed inland from Brisbane to a place called Goomburra. We werent staying in campsite - it was a National Park so this was proper camping!

It was a fun weekend and we did lots of new things. Pat, Roy and Michael have a little hobby called Geocaching. Basically, there are little parcels hiden all over the world that people who Geocach try to find. On our second day there, me, Phil, Roy and Michael went looking for one. What a
Our Wicked Van!!Our Wicked Van!!Our Wicked Van!!

Here on the otherside of the van you can see Mick Jaggers huge lips!
mission that was! We walked about 5 Kilometres in total. Up a big mountain and then down again! It was good fun, especially when I slipped over several times and even funnier was when we were coming back down the mountain and my legs just turned to jelly! Literally wobbling everywhere! They were all laughing at me! The good thing was we found the Geocach and I made it to the bottom without braking anything or even worse - getting bit by a snake!

Pat and Roy were really good to us. We had our tea cooked eveynight (which was absolutely yummy! One night we even had a 'Camp Oven' roast dinner. The roast dinner was actually cooked on the BBQ! Best Roast Ive ever had!) and our washing was done for us using their DIY washing machine!

It was a really good weekend and we both thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was really good to see how Pat and Roy live and it was so interesting to hear about all the places they've been and all the amazing things they've seen. What a fab way to live.

Thank you Auntie Pat and Roy for a fab weekend,
Our VanOur VanOur Van

Thsi is what it says on the back of the van - nice lyrics!
we learnt a lot of new things and most importantly had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs!






Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Our camping groundOur camping ground
Our camping ground

This is where we camped for the 3 nights.
The camp oven!The camp oven!
The camp oven!

This is how Roy cooked our roast dinner which was yummy!
Me and PhilMe and Phil
Me and Phil

It was freezing at night so it was so nice to sit by a lovely warm fire.
Phil hiding in the forest!Phil hiding in the forest!
Phil hiding in the forest!

Watch out for those snakes!
Phil and Michael looking for a GeocachPhil and Michael looking for a Geocach
Phil and Michael looking for a Geocach

Unfortunately we couldnt find this one.
GeocachingGeocaching
Geocaching

This was the Geocach we found when we went on the big walk - We were so glad we found it!
GeocachingGeocaching
Geocaching

Me and Phil with the Geocach


21st May 2006

'CAMPING BLOG'
Wot an adventure, this is great timing as I have to endure conversations of Big brother at work!!!when I am able to talk of reading your experiences, roast dinner on a camp fire wow!!! Wot an insite of Pats life living in her van, they look a happy loving family. Carly make sure to get your carbs up before a long walk , especially up hill, a bannana will do it. Thanks again and take care you two, Jacquie and Elliotxx

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb