PART 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
December 2nd 2010
Published: January 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

WELL, WELL, WELL!!

ALOT, and i mean ALOT, has happened since my last blog so i will give
it to you in parts.

PART I

After returning back to Brisbane and to my girls - Sam and Gee.
I got really, really excited to see Nick.
Decided to do a little spring clean on my bag so Nick could bring me some stuff from home.
I sent a package of 4.09Kg home and it cost me $57 for 3 months seamail - GAYYY was what i
thought but anyway!
I also go my flights booked both to and from Sydney for us both
and i just needed to get down there on time. problem!! haha!
Getting to the airpost was fine - after finding out that the flight had been cancelled due to wind turbulance i was PISSED!!!
After speaking to the staff i eventually got to a nice hotel and had 4 hours sleep until i had
to return to the airport! :/
Got down to Sydney without a hitch and checked into surfside for a second time!
didnt do much just got really impatient as i wanted to see Nick!! haha
5th of August, NICK ARRIVED. yayyyyyy!!!
He made me smile for hours, got abit emotional when he told me that a close friend
has passed since i was out here but she went during her sleep - R.I.P
He didnt do much reseach like i told him to though OR have enough funds but we got through it!
After flying back up to Brisbane, Nick met Sam and Gee and we set off onto the next leg of our tour - Noosa!
7th of August and 'Flashpackers' is fantastic, really nice place and the weather is beautiful!
Nick got sunburn because he didnt listen to us as decided not to wear any protection - bad times.
we all sat down to get through our plans for the rest of the leg to Cairns and im excited to see the sun!
10th of August and we have arrived on Hervey Bay/Fraiser Island.
The hostel isnt really nice, smells and is really stuffy but i guess one night isnt going to kill me! the weather might though Rain, rain and more RAIN :/
grrrrr.
FRAISERRRR, yayy!
well i've not quite had my drivers licence for two years therefore i couldnt drive the 4X4
but i dont mind i guess the best is in the back and the bumps haha!!
Lots of photos i hope!?
going to lake Birrabeam and the sand tide!
the tent is pretty basic also to food equipment but thats what its all about!
needed to let my hair down a little more i think but being with Nick i dont feel i should :/
not in a bad way, but!
the nights sleep was FREEZING :/ thank above that it didnt rain! 😊
went to this massive ship wreck and went winkle picking haha!!
Back on Hervey Bay and my camera has shit itself :'(
spent 3 hours charging it and nothing :? going to pull it apart soon i do believe it WILL work again! :L
1770/Agnes Waters is a lovely little place not much around and ive only one night here bacuse im off to Kroombit cattle station then onto Airlie beach! <3
Kroombit was FANTASTIC, whip cracking, horse riding and bucking bulls :D haha, some good craic.
The OzExperience bus driver - Thunder was hilarious, what a guy.
we had a right laugh, met some nice people too.
the cabin where we stayed the night was TINY but a good night sleep all in all, the showers were cold though - burrr!!
nice tucker and the staff were pretty cool, got the crack the owners whip because i was the best this pain in th arse guy thought he was gods gift - i showed him muhahahha!!
Thus bus from Kroombit to Airlie was a lonnnnggg one!!
we stopped to play bare foot bowls! wasnt too bad we decided to play frisbee instead though haha!!
after 7hours i think i was going up the coast we eventually got to 'Airlie Beach' whoooow!
the hostel was nice a big with a balcony and it was freaking hottt!
decided that getting on it was a good idea so i got horrificly drunk and was crook so bad the next day the rest of the troop once they made it too airlie had to spend the day watching tv because i passed out numerous times on the bathrom floor haha!!
Packing for Powerplay was strange - underwear - swimmers and light clothing!
4days of not really showering -- EXCRUTIATING!!
The boat was beautiful grandad would have been proud!
saw some beautiful sights and the water was just incredible.
swam with the fishes and went snorkling which was unreal!! <3
our troop decided to play chrades on the last night it was hilarious!
there were four Irish people - Camell & Thomas, Claire & Shane, they were just fantastic and brought to crowd toghether!
back on dry land and spent a few day in Airlie checking it out, was a nice spot.
Well for the first part i bid goodnight - ill do more tomorrow.
Night My loyal followers! heheherrr!! <3

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb