Roadtrip:Airlie Beach to Hervey bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
August 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After some unconventional camping spots we opted for a proper campsite in Airlie Beach for a few days and spent time enjoying the warmer weather before we head into the colder weather the more south we go down the East Coast. It was however very cold at night and we had to wear lots of layers. Laura definitely regretted throwing away her jumper in Asia thinking she wouldn’t be needing it in Oz!

We arranged another Help Exchange (voluntary work) in Hervey Bay so headed down there with Freddy and Silke (the German couple). En route we went to Eungella National Park and whilst trying to find a camping spot we ended up at a farmer’s house who let us sleep in his garden and shared some beers and food with us…we felt very lucky! Our luck continued as they also advised us of a place where you can spot a platypus so up we got at 5.30am and whilst looking in a river one swam up to us. We were told that it was one of only two places in the world where you would be able to see one in the wild so we were very happy. After some more shower free days camping at rest areas we were pleased to reach the lovely house that was to be our home for the next week in Hervey Bay staying with a local family via Help Exchange. We said our farewells to the Freddy and Silke as they had to continue heading southwards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb