Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
January 29th 2006
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

CairnsCairnsCairns

Cablecar
We arrived in Australia on Monday. We flew into Sydney and then took another flight to Cairns on the North East coast of Australia. This part of Australia is tropical - very hot and humid at the moment. We went on a cablecar from Cairns to a village in the forest and came back on a train. Very pretty trip.

From Cairns we took a bus to Mission Beach. We stayed at Mission Beach for two nights. Mission Beach is a very small, quiet place (unlike Cairns which is very busy). We didn't do anything in Mission Beach except a bit of walking and swimming in the pool.

At this time of year you cannot swim in the sea here because of the Stinger Jellyfish. Some towns have nets to keep the Stingers away from part of the beach, so you can swim there.

We are now in Townsville. We went to a museum this morning - it was quite interesting. We just got back for our lunch - we are resting now because it is so hot and humid - we will go out later when it cools down.

We are travelling by coach, there are
Cairns WaterfallCairns WaterfallCairns Waterfall

This is a waterfall that we saw from the train.
a lot of coaches and they go to most towns so that isn't a problem. However we have to book seats on the coach two days in advance, so it is not as flexible as having a car.

Matt


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb