Frygo and Dandinho smash up the oz east coast - 3 weeks of carnage and tender spoonage!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
February 21st 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Its a motor running, heading down the highway,looking for adventure and whatever comes our way, I know we going to make it happen in a loving way, blah blah blah blah blah blah bhah drive off into space BORN TO BE WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or summit like that)

Alri Spa,

Well well it was epic and awesome to do it with one of my best buddies in the whole world danny boy dandininho meighan, the trip was from Sydney up as far as Cape Tribulation in three weeks. Heres the blow by blow account of our crazy three weeks on the roads of the east coast of australia with two of Wales finest!

After meeting dan at the airport I was smashed which lead to one of the worst hangovers in my 25 year history. We started the next day by picking up our baby for the trip a one year old mitisbushi we christened chubbs. He was a classy beast who won the stares of many admires like he was a ferrari but cooler! After this collection of chubbs to compile my hangover misery I knew dan had to see the bridge and the opera house, I drank powerade to try and hydrate, but the worst place to be on a hangover is the bus and a 40 minute ride was hell ended up in me puiking in the middle of sydney street three of four times to the disgust of the sydney suits - it was a good start, he'd only been here for a night and I felt worse than the whole 10 months i'd been away! After this around 8 we took off on the road (still feeling like shit up towards our first stop in Byron Bay a 10 hour trip! I drove unitl four in the morning until we we both shot and slept in a garage in a place called grafton (about 6 1/2 hours into our journey). The van was roasting. Around 7:30 with sweat dripping off our face and the van like a microwave on high cooking to welshman I decided to turn on the air-con - beatiful back off to sleep like a baby! - Until around 11:30 the air-con suddenly wanished, the clock had vanished and worst of all the battery power vanished, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck day two! drama already so we get to a phone box (as in my drunken haze my phone I didnt charge and died!) a guy came out. Started the van 6-7 times great we are off again. Dan closes the boot half hour later we go to start up again - DEAD! WTF! Back to the phone box called out again $135 day two new battery (lesson 1 dont leave the battery ruinning for more that four hours, without the engine running!). This time though we were off chubbsy kicked back into life the pod was cranked for some old-school tidy hard house tunes and three hours laters we were in Byron Bay!

Byron Bays cool, hippy feel will lots of dreads and surfer types who walk like mr soft this was a mellow place fellow! Eventually after serching round frantically we found a campsite with one spare lot we camped up after nearly an hour and dan having a couple of ciggs frygos ingineously set up the tent high fives all round! We then went down to the beahc which was stunning great waves a chalk feeling sand and just layed back and chilled. Then got back drank some warm goon played a stupid drunken game of heads and tails and headed to cheeky monkeys and a house club. We were both a bit pooped wasnt really feeling it so headed back for a kip in the chubbster.

Woke on the day of my birth 25 years ago diniho arm looked warm indeed roasted, two face which limited his movement in the one arm and was in some pain. He had his arm out of the window on the drive down for the 3 1/2 hours and had burnt it badly. So really we got some shopping essentials in had another big kip and sat in our tent preparing for the night ahead. Our neighbour a old dude invited him and his 'girlfriend' hwho he affectional addressed as 'thai girl' over and poured us red goon (dan or danny boy as he called him hates red wine). He then told us all about thai girl made magic tricks with a hanky and stumbled home pissed after leaving me a cowboy hat! We hit coco mangoes tonight after not feeling the other two place the night before jam jars (jin, triple sec, vodka and juice) for $4.50 hit the spot and we quite smooshed!

The next morning dodgy stomachs and all we rented bikes to have a look around byron they were good and and went up to the lighthouse and australias most easterly point before back to the beach. Chilled here for abit but with dans arm headed back to the van. We went back to coco mangoes that night and got slammered again lost a ted baker t-shirt in a random night and i thought my wallet!

So after losing my wallet cancelled all my cards in a stressful hunover morning headed to nimbin/stonersville. The weed capital of the east coast me and dan were wandering down the street with one woman like a tweety pie chirped 'cookies' every 30 seconds. Me and dan intrgied asked the woman and bought some of her cookies. THen we headed to surfer paradise where we chilled on the beach ate the cookies and a fat pizza and gelt no real effect - unti lwe went to bed and both woke claiming of a night of random dreams! Got changed by the sidfe of the road with a shower from the beach and sneaked into a cafe to clean our teeth and the morning drop off. Then we were off to steve irwin zoo. This was quality the snap of a crocks jaw a tiger climbing a tree and feeding a kangeroo were all good but the highlights in which me and dan completed some of our life tick list to-do. I held a kowala but watching dan try to hold a snake was funny as cheese! I wound him up for half hour but fair play to him he held it and has the photos to prove it. After this we drove to rainbow beach aka ghost town.

Arrived there at 7 everything close apart from one place selling food and a hotel bar showing the football but we got kicked out of there at 11! So slept up next to the beach until we werre awoken by a woman at 5am. Telling us to move or get a fine. So 5 in the mornig we are both fucked no petrol, i slept for an hour outside the petrol station and filled up and headed to gympie. Here we parked up in KFC and nodded off for another hour. I got money out at the bank here only to find later id lost $500 of the $1000 id taken out also i found my wallet again and all my cards id cancelled. So we parked up at Hervey Bay and Slept on the beach for a couple of hours. We woke had some beers and burgers and were good to go for a big night but like rainbow ghost town nothing open tired of walking and pissed off we headed back to chubbs. The next day we just booked faser and chilled on the beach and played footy a chilled day.

We woke early the next morning for a ferry to fraser in which we were talked to by the most boring man in the history of the world about interesting topics such as soil compression ond the formation of rock pools me and dan couldnt get enough of it! We went to lake mckensie and while pissing round in the lake pulling mer-man poses the camera fucked up so my camera is ker-nakered - booo! Compilled to this we waited ages for a room and the island had its first power cut in 20 years it was good thoufh got everyone chatting under the darkness and candles we all got pissed on tinnies on ice was a good night! THe next day on frase ran in the same vein the guy sending the buss to sleep, then the bus broke down so inginously made up a game with a bucket fraserball a mix of cricket and footy got everyone involved and helped pass the three hours waiting for the bus to be prepared. The sky was cloudy but me and dan camre back to the bus looking like tomatoes not applying sun screen bad idea as now we were suffering from hot heads. After that we went off to see indian head and the champaign pools which we fun before heading back getting a little grub saying our goodbyes and back on the ferry to hervey bay. From here we filled up and took off we drove for two and a half hours but with three different petrol stations closed we camped up for the night in a petrol station an hour outside rockhamtpon.

We woke the next morning surrounding by giant lorries and the swooosh of lorries passing we filled up and hit the road again. A new day a new drama this time pulled by the cops for speeding at 151 in a 100 zone $200 (we not going to pay it) but that was reduced after we gave the guy a sob story about how we were trying to get to cairns to miss the floods thae proper fine was $1000. We arrived in airlie beach glowing and hot, airlie beach was humid the shops are only sanctum with air con feeling like something sent from the gods. We parked in a field which later turned to a swamp sank some more beers before heading to a shity 70's bar morrocos. We left here after a couple of games of pool onto mama africas for a bop and then crashed out later back in the chubbs.

The next day we spent in a man-made lagoon just chilling doing sweet fa apart from the odd game of headers and an afternoon nap. We met meegan a girl from fraser had some ciders on to shenanigans meegan left then we went back to mama africas for a bop again before retiring to chubbs. The next day follwed in the same vein the lagoon we set a new headers pb of 142 ond crashed in the lagoon and met a lad kev from fraser. Back to beaches were we met another couple tim and emma some drinking games went to another pub but I waws wiped so headed back to kevs air conditionred room where he had four spare beads and some bliss away from the heat trap of the van while dan stayed out to watch his mighty toffs against the villa.

We woke the next morning to a massive brekkie leaving airlie at 12.30 for Cairns. When we got to townsville we saw the worst weather condsions ever as the roads were near flooding had burst there banks a man was cycling with his wheels underwater, but our brave chubbsy ploughed on through and got us to Cairns by 9. Here we pulled up to ask for help and a hostel owner offered us a room for $13 a night with a free evening meal - bargain cheaper than a campsite and we had the room to ourselves! We popped down to the woolshed though first hada couple of beers and hewaded back around 1.

Feeling fresh after not having a skinful me and dan embarked on one of our biggest to-do's on our list a skydive! We booked it in around 11 for a pick up at half 2 so just chilled by the pool in excitment. The bus picked us up watched some old vids to get us excited and we were off. The vids of me and dan we will put on fb. It was the most amazing thing either of us had done the only thing I thing would come close to that rush would be scoring a 30 yard volley in the champions leage final of the bar yeboah stylee in the 94th minute for whitchurch blues! After that we were wiped for an hour adrenalined out! But watching the vids we were pumped fo a big night. So we got ready and played a game ride the bus normally played by at least four me and dan went one for one. The end result dan riding the bus 4 tinmes in a row - fair play but we were anhilated. Headed to the shed nailed some more jd in a messy evening in dan refused entry back in so we stumbled back to the hostel!

Ww woke with heads of thunder so just played alot of pool and sat in the pool for hours entertaining ourselves with handstand comps, we went to the shed later for our free meal and spend a couple of hours on the web because we were hanging before hitting the sack. Woke up still feeling abit crap today to do some jungle surfing in Cape Tribulation. I was thinking silver surfer fantastic four but was more like a starilift for the elderly. We should of known when we saw our group a family a couple and four pensioners. After the skydive didnt think it was going to hit the button. After the old dears remonstrating 'oh no I can do that, I cant, no,no oh, oh' four five minutes on every stop for this downward stairlfit we eventually got through pissed off and really bored. Dashed back to Carns dan was still feeling dodgy so headed out with our room ate a pole lad camile but i was tired after a ay of driving and left around half 1.

Dans last full day so we went and saw some falls - Milla milla was outstanding the pure power and beauty of the falls put travelling back into perspective for me it was not about boozing - I can do that anywehere this is why I came away as we both sat for a couple of hours in awe went round to see some other fantastic falls zilli, elinjaa and josephine before heading back. We had a fat chinses a chat on the promendade and hit the hay.

The last day we shot round buying a bag developing the photos in true diniho and frygo style had a massive breakfast to finish our trip on the last supper befgore dropping dan off to the airport. It was an amzing trip and great to see one of my best budies again but it did make me feel homesick for the 1st time on my 10 month trip as having a mad awseome time with Dan reminded me of all my ace family and friends back home I havcent seen in such along while. Dont get me wrong ive made some friends for life on my travels but I do miss you people back home alot! So now onto Perth to sort out the debarcles of my trip my last cards broken camera, look for, work settle down HERE I GO AGAIN ON MY OWN, GOING DOWN THE ONLY ROAD I EVER KNOW! Starting by flying into perth and spending a night in the airport love the randomness! But yeah been an ace trip loving every minute but cant wait to catch up with all you peeps back home. Diniho your a leg-end a mate for life and hope all weorks out for you. So onwards and upwards BRING IT ON PERTH!!!!!!!!

Loves you all long times like

Thomas Fry the Third

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS i'll wack the pics up on here when I fix my camera in the meantime check facebook


Additional photos below
Photos: 127, Displayed: 32


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb