Travel blog 18 to 25 May(Toowoomba to Brisbane)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
May 25th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Apologies for no map last week but there is a map bug.Hope it did not affect you.Will try again tonight.Highlight of week was a plunge inland to the real outback-Roma-500km inland from Brisbane.From Toowoomba we went up and over the Great Dividing Range which was a chug for the Landrover.Then into miles of flat country where cotton,wheat,sorghum and cattle were grown.Some huge silos(photo).Janet picked Roma as our destination for a couple of days.We toured the oil/gas exhibit-this was where oil was found in Oz.Also the cattle market which is one of the biggest.Around Roma are planted 93 bottle trees each as a memorial to local soldiers who died in WW1-the trees are 90 yrs old and quite unique.We came back east to a tiny town Kaimkillenbun from where we did a daytrip to the scenic Bunya Mountains Nat. Park and did a half day walk.Yesterday we boldly drove into the heart of Brisbane to a Park just 4km from the city.We have had two sorties into town -weather continues to be magnificent.Especially enjoyed the tour up and down the river on the "City cat" and walks along the banks.For a day pass of $4-10 we can bus,train,boat to our heart's content.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb