Update From Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
October 22nd 2004
Published: October 22nd 2004
Edit Blog Post

Thanks for all messages. Calgary Snow sounds very inviting - can't wait to leave the heat and humidity and it is not even summer yet.
Had two interesting rain forest trips from Cairns. Winter rains have arrived late and are creating more cloud and reducing visibility. Big rest on Lady Elliot Island. Super spot but again bad weather limited our snorkelling activity. Had 36 hours of heavy rain and then strong winds. However, saw turtles and rays and lots of colourful fish. Pat saw Humpback Whales. There are birds galore - the island is a breeding site for several bird species so some of the trees and bushes were covered with nests and you had to be careful where you walked because there were birds eggs laid in the gravel. Had an eerie introduction to Mutton Bird. We thought the island was haunted because the birds made strange moaning noises.
Off to Fraser Island tomorrow for the day, then a three day drive to Brisbane along the Sunshine Coast and a flight to Sydney.

Sorry no phots, very difficult to do this in Internet Cafes. Will try when we get to Sydney.

Val and Pat

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb