Middleton to Boulia to Bedourie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
June 29th 2021
Published: July 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Middleton we continued on towards Boulia where we again wanted to top up our fuel and buy some fresh produce.



Part way along the journey we noticed the running lights on the van kept coming on, going off, coming on. Something wasn’t quite right. We were able to pull up in a large carpark that happened to lead to an elevated lookout over the surrounding countryside. We’ll give the trailer lead a jiggle and we trek up to the lookout.



So we thought. John gave it a wiggle but discovered a major problem – the lagged tubing of wires must have been dragging over the ground and consequently had worn through the lagging to expose and break some of the wiring. We had no running lights or indicators. A quick fix with some 100 mile/hr tape would hopefully be good enough to get us to Boulia. Needless to say, the lookout will have to wait.



Boulia hardware store had nothing that would help our cause so after a top of fuel we headed another 217km further south to Bedourie where we found a most obliging auto electrician who cleaned up the frayed wires and will repair it all for us tomorrow.



So here we are in Bedourie. Population 122. We have an unpowered site at the Simpson Desert Oasis caravan park for 2 nights.



We are so grateful and lucky that, this far from anywhere, we have been able to find someone who is able (and willing at short notice) to help us keep travelling.





Postscript: After a couple of hours sorting out our problem, Mark only charged us $150.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb