Whitsundays!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
April 12th 2006
Published: April 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone speaking so soon again after Fraser Island just 2 days later and it was time for us to set sail onto the Whitsundays. First of all before all that we had to stay a night at a hostel and we met up with a few others from the previous trip and had a few drinks with them!!!!

Then it came the next day time to sail we first went to a meeting to get information and rom keys for the island we were staying on. After that we set off down to the little harbour with all the boats. This was where i decided it would actually be a good idea to hire a stinger suit so i didnt get stung by a box jellyfish which would not have been to fun at all.

Then it was time to climb aboard the boat and head off this was a boat with 60 odd other people on it which made it interesting. We got to meet a lot of new people which was gd.

Once we had set sail it was time for us to recieve our complimentary champagne which was ok i took advantage and took a couple extra which ended being the start of a very long night!!!

As we were sailing to the island ill be honest the weather was apauling compared to what we were used to really gray and quit drizzley and this is a trip really where the weather makes it or breaks it. So we all thought here we go especially as the forecast was not a gd one.

My first impressions of the island were really gd it looked a step up from what we are used to thats for sure!!! We had access to free rounds of 9 hole golf course, tennis courts, table tennis, big swimming pool and a spa so it was all gd even though the weather was trying to be a dampner.

Then it was off to our room to check that out we were staying with Josh who we had met previously top bloke and a couple of irish lads we had not met so we were in for a gd time!!!

After that we went for a swim and a dip in the jacuzzi before we headed off to dinner. Then it was dinner time for everyone and we were all starving so it went down very easily as did the drink we had to accompany it!!! This is where the cheap jugs of beer started!!

After bout half and hour the drinking games began i would say about 85% of people decided to compete in them!! which was gd and we had another boat with us so ther was a lot of people doing it!!! The first game was a straight off race from one end of the table to the other one side of the table verse the other. Quite a few people cheated from both sides but we eneded up winning first game. Second game was we had to reach around the person to our lefts neck and feed them there drink which got very messy as people were just forcing them to drink quicker than they could. The third and most intertesting game was we had to swap our tops with with the person next to us and then down the drink. It was so funny to watch all these big blokes putting on extremely tight tops on from the girls next to them i got quite a tight top but bit it didnt even come close to the little number harry had to wear a nice red strappy top!!!!

After that the drinking continued and it ended up in being an awesome night out with us meeting up with all the irish boys again from fraser and dancing the night away with them. They were pulling out all the moves and more it was hilarious i wish i had videoed it now but im sure it will stick in the memory for time to come!!! They certainly were kings of the dance floor. One other instant was there was an incredibly pissed older bloke going round the dance floor being agressive and generally an idiot and we found out in the morning it was the other boats captain!!! Bet they had an interesting ride!!!

Then after that i headed back to my room as most people we sound asleep only to find Sunny guy from Oxford speaking to some German random infront of the steps to my room. What i was not expecting was me to enter the rom about an hour and a half after arriving at the steps. We just talked about all sorts for absolutley ages. He was so drunk it was funny he could barely stand up. But it was a gd chat and quite a funny one and also one thaat only left me with 4 and a half hours sleep till i had to get up which was a big mistake!!!!

We got up at 6.30am and headed off for breakfest where i just shoved some cereal down me. The good thing was the weather was nice and the sky was clear the bad thing was i had a big hangover and we were going to come across some very choppy seas which didnt frankly agree with my stomach or James the manc i met previous night and he was stuggling to. Luckily we held out till we arrived at the magnificant Whitehaven Beach the nicest beach i have ever seen. It had crystal clear waters and the finest whitest sand i have ever seen and it was just so soft. It cleared my head and made me feel a lot better after a quick paddle.

Then after that we headed over to a place where were going to have our first snorkel. It was an amazing expericence and i have never done anything like it in my life the coral was so close and all the fish swimming right next to you it truely was a sureal experience!!!

Then after that it was back to the island for another swim and spa before we headed off for some more dinner. After dinner it was more drinking games the first again the boat race which was followed by a game where we had to pas a baton between all of our legs while standing on table and downing drinks and then the final and funniest game of the night. We had to with the person next to us do a sexual position and perform it for 5 seconds then down our drink and cant use the same one twice in a row. It was very entertaining!!!

After that it was a couple of drinks for most people i took it easy and laid off them for first time in couple of weeks and gave my body a rest. Then we headed off to the Kareoke which me and Harry were very excited about. We got there and it was something of a butlins-esque event which was a bit dissapointing but this was nnot gonna stop us. They did have a very poor selection of songs however me and harry still carried on. Giles left cos he didnt like the look of it. Which i think is unforgiveable missing mine and harrys moment in the spotlight!!! Our first number accompained by Josh ( What a vioce he has) was im a believer which went down very well with the crowd. Then straight after that we sang i believe i could fly accompanied by the irish lads which was brilliant. Then ages later our last performance of the night was I Dont wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith which was sung by me and Josh with Harry getting the crowd up for it throughout the song. I think i was the only person in the building to sing a song while stone cold sober!!! I didnt mind i loved it!!! After that the massive canadian (Just pure muscle about 6'6) on his own sang all by myself which lasted bout 10min which was quite hilarious!!!!

Then it was off to bed and to wake up early for another day on the sea. We headed off to a different area where we did snorkling again. This time harry accompained me as he found a spair suit where as Giles is going to wait until cairns. This time was more spectacular for me the biggest and brightest fish i have evern seen it was truely amazing and now i can not wait until i get up to cairns to do some more. I swam through thousands of little fish and they create a pathway for you as you swim through just awesome!!!

Then after that it was the long trip back to the mainland with the hottest weather we have had since melbourne day when it was 43 people reckoned it had to haver touched 40 which is pretty ridiculous in when there summer has now finished!!!

That was Whitsundays for you it probably even surpasses Fraser Island as the best thing so far for me. Less than a week in Oz left now before i leave to the Awesome New Zealand.

Hope Everyone back home is doing well. Were all having a ball!!

Lots of Love

Chaz x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



16th April 2006

Harry´s Top
One of the sexiest things I have ever seen, Sounds and looks your having an amazing time.

Tot: 0.372s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb